Plan and conduct the manufacturing, storage and logistics related to products supporting the Concrete Target Market. Responsible for the efficient, safe and environmentally responsible operation of the facility. Focus on immediate goals of safety, quality, on-time delivery, product availability and continuous improvement. Work is generally performed independently and with limited supervision under the general direction of the Plant Manager. Specific Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to):
- Comply with all safety standards as outlined by Sika’s safety policy and procedures, including reporting all safety risks, hazards, and incidents.
- Provide supervision to production operators in meeting operational schedules.
- Review production schedules and estimate requirements to complete production assignments; may provide direction and instructions to Operators in areas of production volume, quality, availability, etc.
- Resolve production and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and report to Plant Manager as required.
- Review processes and procedures and recommendations for improvement.
- Assist Plant Manager in daily production scheduling and planning.
- Assist Plant Manager in Procurement activities as directed.
- Provide feedback on Operator performance to Plant Manager.
- Operate forklift and factory equipment to weigh, measure, stage and blend raw materials into finished product.
- Setup and prepare equipment for operations; may be required to perform routine maintenance and repairs on equipment as necessary.
- Assure proper operating condition of all production equipment; recognize and notify Manager of any malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Receipt of inbound materials including raw materials, operating supplies, equipment and bulk transfers; transfer of these to their appropriate storage locations/areas following appropriate procedures.
- Loading of outbound finished goods, intermediates, raw materials, bulk, and/or small packages.
- Proper handling of Shipping/Receiving paperwork per local procedures.
- Process all process orders assuring accurate documentation of all required information.
- Count and examine raw materials, supplies, finished product, etc. to verify accuracy against appropriate documentation; check for damaged materials; report shortages, damages, verify all products are labeled appropriately, and other exceptions.
- Perform cycle counts and other inventory verification as required.
- Rotate stocks of raw materials to ensure oldest materials are used first.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by keeping all tanks, equipment and work areas clear, orderly, and clean.
- Handle hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with Sika policies and Plant Manager’s instructions. Keep waste areas neat and orderly. Minimize the generation of waste at all times.
- Complete SAP functions as required.
- Perform routine Quality Control testing on raw materials and finished goods.
- Perform all other duties as required by the Plant Manager.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: 3+ year experience in an industrial environment/manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Must have good math skills, including the ability to work with fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must have the ability to develop process expertise in order to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Must be able to maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and overtime as business requires.
- Must be self-motivated and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and other equipment as trained
Competitive Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k with company match, year-end profit-sharing bonus, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Meaningful Work: Sika products enhance our surroundings and the work every employee completes helps positively impact daily lives by making our world stronger, more durable, and more reliable – every day.
Company Culture: Sika centers work culture around entrepreneurship where individuals have the power to make decisions, learn from mistakes, and define their career.
Community Involvement: Sika takes active roles in our community and aims to support volunteer work and charitable endeavors across the United States through rebuilding and giving back.
Sustainability Initiatives: Sika is committed to sustainable development, reducing environmental impacts, and assuming social responsibility. The company supports energy efficient projects and implements numerous measures aimed to boost economic, social, and ecological sustainability.
Sika Corporation is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals that apply. As an equal opportunity employer Sika will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristics.
With over 100 years of experience, Sika is a worldwide innovation and sustainability leader in the development and production of systems and products for commercial and residential construction, as well as the marine, automotive, and renewable energy manufacturing industries. Sika has offices in over 100 countries with over 300 manufacturing facilities and more than 33,500 employees worldwide. With annual sales of 11.5+ billion dollars in 2022, our commitment to quality, innovation, and the environment as well as putting our customer’s needs first, encompasses why Sika is the global leader in our industries.